Ultra-wide, detailed stereo soundstage.
The Eris® E44 studio monitor delivers an expanded, highly accurate frequency response and the widest stereo field available in its class. Its nested Midwoofer-Tweeter-Midwoofer (MTM, also known as “D’Appolito”) configuration offers improved off-axis response and spatial resolution. The result is a more consistent listening experience, smoother frequency response, and an ultra-wide, detailed stereo soundstage.
Sound waves radiating from the two components in a conventional speaker design can interfere with one another, creating peaks at some frequencies and dips at others, and these will vary depending on where the listener is relative to the speaker. In an MTM/D’Appolito configuration, component interference and the sonic inconsistencies that go with it are minimized. This affords listeners an ultra-wide sweet spot and a more consistent listening experience on- and off-axis.
Transparent and cohesive sound.
The Eris E44 studio monitor utilizes a pair of 4.5-inch, woven composite, low-frequency drivers. This provides a more constant dispersion pattern throughout the frequency range, resulting in less time-smeared audio and cleaner overall sound. The weave and nature of the dual woofers also helps break up reflected energy, so fewer delayed reflections reach the listener’s ear. In conjunction with the MTM/D’Appolito configuration, this helps create a transparent, cohesive sound.
Horizontal or vertical—it’s up to you.
Many MTM speaker configurations must be arrayed vertically, rather than horizontally, because vertical placement provides a clear, interference-free midrange and treble reproduction to either side, expanding the sweet spot. By bringing the midrange drivers closer together and raising the high-frequency driver, Eris E44 studio monitors are able to perform optimally in both orientations, letting you position your speaker the way that works best for you.
You’re in control.
Today’s music producers deal with a wide variety of musical genres and often work in more than one location. That’s why Eris-series studio monitors offer extensive acoustic tuning controls. The three-position Acoustic Space switch helps to compensate for the boundary bass boost that can occur when a monitor is placed in a corner or near a wall. High and Mid controls help to further mitigate room anomalies. A Low Cutoff filter makes it easy to integrate a Temblor® subwoofer into your monitor setup.
Components and construction
- Dual 4.5-inch, woven composite LF/midrange drivers produce dynamic, size-defying bass output
- 1.25-inch, silk-dome HF driver ensures smooth high-frequency performance that is never fatiguing to the ears
- Balanced XLR, balanced ¼-inch TRS, and unbalanced RCA inputs provide flexibility for seamless integration into any environment
- Acoustic tuning controls help to compensate for room anomalies, providing a consistent frequency response customized for your mix environment
- Continuously variable HF and MF controls (-6 to +6 dB)
- Low-cut filter (flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)
- Acoustic Space settings (Flat, -2 dB, -4 dB) compensates for room placement
Power and safety
- 90W/140W Class A/B bi-amplification for an open, clear sound
- RF interference, output-current limiting, over-temperature, and subsonic filter protection
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
|1- Balanced XLR|
|1- Balanced ¼” TRS|
|1- Unbalanced RCA|
|Frequency Response||55 Hz – 22 kHz|
|Crossover Frequency||2.9 kHz|
|LF Amplifier Power||50W|
|HF Amplifier Power||35W|
|Peak SPL (@ 1 meter)||103 dB|
|LF Driver||Dual 4.5” woven composite|
|HF Driver||1.25” silk dome|
|Input Impedance||10 kΩ|
|Volume Range||A-type taper|
|MF Control||Variable (-6 to +6 dB)|
|HF Control||Variable (-6 to +6 dB)|
|Low Cut||Flat, 80 Hz, 100 Hz|
|Acoustic Space||Flat, -2 dB, -4 dB|
|External mains fuse|
|100-120V ～50/60 Hz|
|220-240V ～50/60 Hz|
|Vinyl-laminated, medium-density fiberboard|
|Width||14.3” (365 mm)|
|Depth||7” (180 mm)|
|Height||7” (180 mm)|
|Weight||11.9 lbs (5.4 kg)|