Stentor Student I outfits are the main teaching instruments in Britain’s schools. They are the ideal instruments for students up to middle grades and all are hand carved from solid tone woods with good quality rosewood pegs and fingerboards. The outfits include reliable wood bows and well-designed lightweight cases with integral shoulder rest and music pockets.
- Solid, carved, spruce table
- Solid, carved, maple back and ribs
- Solid, carved, maple neck
- Individual hand shaping and finishing
- Natural glues used throughout
- Traditional inlaid purfling
- Correct neck angle
- Correctly fitted top nut
- Correctly reamed peg hole taper
- Blacked rosewood fingerboard.
- High quality dark rosewood pegs.
- Good quality bridge.
- Alloy tailpiece with 4 integral adjusters.
- Adjustable nylon tailgut.
- Teka pattern wood chin rest.
- Wood bow with ebony frog.
- Natural horsehair.
- Good quality screw, eye and ferrule.
- Traditional wedge fitting for hair.
- Lightweight case with fitted interior and accessory pocket.
- Carrying straps.
- Music pocket covering whole lid.
- External shoulder rest pocket.
- Two bow holders.