Pirastro Eudoxa is probably the world’s best known violin string and has been a staple of many players over the last 60 years. It is a traditional covered gut string. Nowadays these strings appeal mainly to players who value the unique tonal properties and playing feel of a traditional gut cored string and are prepared to accept the need for more regular tuning and their sensitivity to changes in climatic conditions.
We do not recommend the use of fine tuners with these strings as they require more regular tuning than synthetic or metal cored strings. Aluminium on natural gut. The sheep gut core of Eudoxa strings is manufactured, wound and polished in the traditional way, by hand. Well balanced warm tone with a great diversity of sound. Low string tension and a comfortable left hand feeling ideal for orchestra, chamber music and studio takes.
- E aluminium on steel core, ball or loop end.
- A aluminium on gut core, 4/4: gauge 13,3/4 PM, ball end
- D aluminium on gut core, 4/4: gauge 16,3/4 PM, knot end
- G silver on gut core, 4/4: gauge 15,3/4 PM, knot end
- 1 PM=0.05mm in diameter. e.g 14PM = 0.7mm diameter.
- Made in Germany